Peekaboox boasts a feature-rich customer section for a CRM with all the trimmings!
First of all we find a toolbar divided into:
- New: to add a new customer. You can choose whether to add a private customer, i.e. a customer who does not have a VAT number. It will then be registered with its tax code and the invoices sent to this customer are simple tax receipts. Or a company or customer with VAT, or a customer who is a tax entity that receives an invoice. Invoices sent to this customer include VAT and are electronic.
- Edit: button that allows you to change the data of a particular customer. It is activated by double clicking on the desired customer or by selecting the customer with a click and then edit.
In the pop-up that opens you will be able to see the following items: edit, pipeline, schedule a message and call, which we will discuss in another guide.
- Remove: button that allows you to remove a customer
- Book: button that allows you to book an appointment
- Export to: button that allows you to export information and data of all customers
2. Descriptive grid
In the bar below, however, you will find the information of your customer:
- Name -Telephone
Each column of this descriptive bar is characterized by a filter through which it is possible to sort the information as desired. Furthermore, through the text box represented by a magnifying glass it is possible to carry out customer searches of your interest.
Customers with a VAT number are also marked with a "+" through which, by clicking on it, it will be possible to add the customer's contacts.