Learn how to edit an existing booking on Peekaboox
The bookings section on Peekaboox is one of the most extensively used perks of the platform. It basically represents the showcase area where you keep track of what your customers want and need from your business.
Editing a booking is done through several simple steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Bookings’ section located within the menu on the left side of the window
- Here you will be able to see a list of all bookings along with its specific details such as service, status, who is the customer, duration of the task and the total amount charged.
- You can easily highlight relevant data by using our friendly search bar or press the arrow next to the column header to pop up the filter screen so you can sort/filter the results by one of the entries mentioned above
One the upper part of the window you can find the main operation bar which features the actions you can take to a particular booking entry including the following options:
- How to add a new reservation - you can also mark whether it is a single, multiple or recurring event.
- Choose to Accept or Refuse any already pending reservation
- Cancel a reservation previously done
- Export the data to excel or CSV for better data management
- Show details option
In order to edit a booking, select an entry from the booking list and click on the Show Details button or double-click the entry. There will be a new window popping up on the screen which includes all the details of that particular booking:
- Booking type - it shows whether this is a single, multiple, custom or reccuring booking and what is the date and time for the appointment
- Service - you can click and edit the extra services you want to get
- Customer details - you can edit the general contact details of your customer
- Address - edit customer address
- Tasks - view, edit or add additional tasks that should be done within this particular booking
- Status - confirmed or pending. Here you can also cancel the complete booking.
- Payment type - see if it is cash or credit card payment
- Notes - add or edit any specific notes for that particular booking
- Activity log - it features a history file with all actions taken since the creation of the booking sorted by timestamp, user and type of booking
- First appointment - it indicates when is the first appointment scheduled - you can also check the list of appointments on the left side of the window next to activity log. Under the appointment details you can edit the date, time and duration of each appointment and you can also edit the operator assigned to each booking respectively.
You can also edit a booking via the Calendar section:
- Navigate to the Calendar tab
- Locate the booking in the calendar by using either daily, weekly or monthly view
- Double-click on the particular appointment
- Click on the booking tab on the left side of the window and you will see the same edit a booking window
- Under the appointment details you can edit the date, time and duration of each appointment and you can also edit the operator assigned to each booking respectively.